Crockpots might be the next best thing to having a personal chef.
- Most recipes take minimum prep time and when you return from a busy day, dinner’s ready!
- You can make healthier versions of meals by sneaking in extra veggies and using lean meats.
- Eliminates the stress of what to cook when you don’t feel like cooking.
- By avoiding that last minute take out decision you will also save money.
- You can cook just about anyting in them – even playdough! http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/01/crock-pot-play-dough.html
There are TONS of recipes out there but let me give you a few to start with:
- 4 medium chicken breasts (about 2-3 lbs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- Put chicken in slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, dried garlic flakes, and dried onion flakes.
- Pour water or broth over chicken. Make sure that there is at least 1 inch of water over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Take chicken out of the slow cooker, transfer to a bowl, and shred. Use in your favorite recipe that calls for shredded or chopped chicken such as
- Variety of wraps and sandwiches.
- Chicken soup or other soup recipes.
- Pizza topping.
- Pasta recipes.
Serving size: ⅓ cup Calories: 64 Fat: 1 WW Points +: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 15
This one’s great for the kiddos (or picky family members)! A mild, kid-friendly chili is made with ground turkey, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes and spices. Top it with your favorite toppings, and serve it with some chips on the side for the perfect, back to school lunch.
This can easily be doubled and frozen for future meals!
Servings: 5 • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 6 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 6 pt Calories: 226 • Fat: 3 g • Carb: 21 g • Fiber: 3.5 g • Protein: 31 g • Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 688 mg • Cholest: 59 mg
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 10 oz can Rotel Mild Tomatoes
- 8 oz small can plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional Toppings:
- diced avocado
- reduced fat sour cream
- reduced fat shredded cheese
- baked tortilla chipsHeat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up with a spoon until turkey browns and is no longer pink; place into the slow cooker. Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon over turkey into the slow cooker and stir in corn and tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt, mix until well blended. Pour chicken broth into the crock pot and add the bay leaf. If you’ve recently gone apple picking, this healthy breakfast option will put those extras to use!Serving Size: 4
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Slow Cooker Apple Pie Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours. Serve with desired toppings.
- 1 cup steel-cut oats*
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 T maple syrup (feel free to sub honey or more if you like it sweeter)
- splash of lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.**
- Give it a good stir.
- Top with your favourite toppings. I like peanut butter and crunchy apples.
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to 1 week. To reheat add a splash of almond milk and heat up in microwave.
Notes**Make them overnight so it is ready in the morning.
The possibilities are endless. What is your favorite Recipe?