The Best Way to Eat to Lose Weight.

The Best Way to Eat to Lose Weight.

The Best Way to Eat to Lose Weight.

deardietThe truth? There is no one size fits all approach. The best way to lose weight for YOU will be different than what worked for someone else. However, I can give you a good place to start. You will find that there is no one best way of eating for everyone. Something worked for your coworker and you try it without the same results. When something works for someone the of course want to share it with others as THE way to lose weight or improve health. The truth is that it may not work for YOU. Only YOU can decide what your healthy lifestyle will look like. If you are lost, you should work with someone who will help you listen to your body. Your body is reacting to the food you eat all of the time in positive and negative ways. You just need to pay attention. If your body isn’t reacting well to what you are eating you will likely feel tired, have little energy, bloating, gas, aches and stalled weight loss. I am an advocate for eating minimally processed foods, lots of veggies and doing your best most of the time. Aim for 85% of the time, let’s say. The other 15% of the time, let it go. The worrying and stress may be stalling your efforts. “Obsessing over food rules is bad for your happiness, and probably for your health too. Our experience over the past few decades suggests that dieting and worrying too much about nutrition has made us no healthier or slimmer; cultivating a relaxed attitude toward food is important.” Michael Pollan author of Food Rules. I recommend his book. His site is full of helpful information Michael Pollan. Simply start with eating more real food. What is real food? Check out a great definition and recipes here.

It really doesn’t have to be so hard. Stop obsessing about what you shouldn’t be eating and just enjoy the food that makes your body feel best. But really listen. You may think your belly is whispering “the Pizza Hut’s Hot Dog Bites Pizza will make me feel awesome,” try eating it and take note of how you actually feel afterwards.hotdog pizza

Keep it simple. Keep it real. Live Well.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.