If you are going on a road trip this summer you can be a rebel and maintain some healthy habits you’ve adopted with these simple tips. You’ve created some healthy habits but life challenges you with vacations, weddings, etc. Travel doesn’t have to mean weight gain and ruined progress. Here is a bit of advice that you can take with you on the road.
1.Pack Snacks- If you allow yourself to get to the point where you are starving, you will be likely to scarf down anything you can find at the gas station.
- Veggies like sliced bell pepper, celery and carrots are easy snacks to take on the go.
- Natural and raw nuts are a great option. Steer clear of roasted, salted and flavored varieties.
- Jerky is high in protein and travels well. Choose ones made from all-natural ingredients, and grass-fed beef is always best.
- Whole fruit keeps travels well and is a cheap and easy snack.
- Bars some can be total junk so read the ingredients! Here are some you may not have heard of and may want to check out… (ps. you can make your own, there are tons of recipes but her can start here Homemade bar recipe post or here Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars )
- Go Raw http://www.goraw.com/c/19/sprouted-bars (can find at stop and shop and Whole foods)
- RX Bars http://www.rxbar.com/products.html
- Thunderbirds http://store.thunderbirdbar.com/collections/our-bars (whole foods)
- Lara Bar http://www.larabar.com/ (most grocery stores)
- Kits cliff Organic fruit and nut bars http://www.clifbar.com/products/kits-organic/fruit-and-nut (whole foods)
- D’s Naturals http://dnaturals.com/shop/
- Bearded Bros http://www.beardedbros.com/collections/all-products
- Sheffa Foods http://www.sheffafoods.com/ (sold at some price choppers)
- Fast Food: Skip the cheese and order burgers without the bread using lettuce instead of a bun and a salad or piece of fruit instead of fries.
- Chipotle: Order a salad or a bowl with extra meat or black beans and guacamole and forget the cheese and rice. Or a burrito bowl with chicken, fajita vegetables (peppers and onions), romaine lettuce, tomatillo-green chili salsa, and a little bit of guacamole.
- Panera: This chain has a hidden menu so make sure you ask for their “Power” options, which includes a breakfast bowl with steak and a roasted turkey salad. Yu can create your own anything by adding or omitting ingredients.
- Diners: You can never go wrong with eggs, veggies and bacon, or a massive salad with grilled chicken or steak.
- Gas Stations have expanded their healthy options and often sell items such as raw almonds, hardboiled eggs, vegetables and hummus, and bottled protein shakes.
3.Workouts -Move at rest stops, you’ve been resting all day in the car!
- 7 squats, 7 burpees, 7 rounds
- 3 rounds of 10 burpees, 20 push-ups, 30 walking lunges, 40 squats, 50 jumping jacks
- Easy does it: Just walk for 5 minutes as fast as you can around the rest stop.
There you go. A few No Excuses Tips for your Travel!