I’ve been loving the coverage of the great deflated ball incident because the word balls makes me giggle. SO I thought I’d share MY balls with you. These are seriously tasty treat and very simple to make in 5 minutes.
My Basic Ball recipe (yields about 9 balls depending on how big you make them)
- ½ cup raw blanched almonds, 1/2 cup of raw cashew pieces and sunflower seeds (you can use any nuts and/or seeds)
- About 5 large raw dates (I soak them for a few minutes in water and then take the pits out)
Put the nuts in processor and mix/pulse them a bit. (I like them really chopped up but you can leave them a bit more chunky if you like. Add in dates and mix/pulse. Add in any other ingredients. Pulse. It should be a sticky clump. Make sure you scrape the sides and get everything mixed in. Add a tbsp of water if it is too dry. Roll mix into balls. Refridgerate for 30 mins before serving. Store in the fridge. I line my container with parchment paper so they don’t stick to the container.
- Can add 1tbsp either unsweetened cocoa powder or 1 tbsp of raw cocao powder (you add more to taste or omit)
- You can add a spice like cinnamon or cayanne if you want spicy. You could add pure vanilla extract or coconut. You could also add in protein powder (likely will need to add a tbsp. of water).
- You could also add 1 tbsp of chia seeds.
**I recently made my basic recipe then added 1 tbsp. of raw cacao powder and rolled the balls in unsweetened, finely shredded coconut (then refrigerate). I served them at a gathering and everyone asked for the recipe.
You can also simply blend any kind of nuts with dates and roll them into balls and refrigerate or press into a loaf tin lined with baking paper, freeze, cut and enjoy! You can eat them straight from the freezer.
You can easily double or triple the recipe. I like to make the basic recipe to eat before, after or in between workouts rather than a processed energy bar.