While I have nothing to rant about tonight, I do have some recipes to rave about
The Healthy Happy Life has some great recipes. Recently I made these sweet potato veggie burgers – yum!
Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts [or any nuts you like]
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (any you like – raisins, cranberries, dates, figs)
- 1/4 cup seeds (any you like – sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1.25 cups skim milk –* I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 1.23 cups skim =107.5 calories vs the almond milk = 50 calories
- 1 egg- I used egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- I added a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
Makes 9 servings . Each bar is appx. 170 calories, 3 grams fiber and 5 grams protein. [Cut into 12 squares reduces calories to about 125 calories per square] plus I reduced the calories even more with my substitutions!!. You can add protein powder if you like as well.