The holiday season is not necessarily the right time to worry about weight loss. However, it is also not the time to throw in the towel.A couple of simple tips can keep you from packing on extra pounds.
– drink a glass of water in between each alcoholic beverage
-avoid mindless eating: watch the grazing while you are baking or cooking. It is easy to add up the calories if you take multiple taste tests. Let the cookie dough bake.
– Don’t deprive yourself of sweets, just watch the portions. You can also choose healthier treats such as fruit or low calorie pudding.
– Don’t go to the party hungry.
– Try not to break your routine. You may feel there is no time for your regular exercise regimen but the stress release will be a priceless benefit.
– If you overindulge, move on. Do not throw in the towel. Do not give up. Accept it, hold yourself accountable and move more the next day.
None of these tips are ground breaking. This is just a simple reminder that you are in control. You know what to do. Now do it!
** baking substitutions to lower calories:
* recipe calls for 1 egg = 2 egg whites
* replace oil with pumpkin puree (1/2 cup oil = 1/2 cup
* Replace the amt. of butter or shortening by 3/4 (1 cup of
butter use 3/4 cup pumpkin puree)
*Replace the amt. of butter by 3/4 (1 cup of
butter use 3/4 cup applesauce)