Who wants chocolate?! Who wants chocolate without ruining your healthy eating plan?! Check out this low calorie recipe…
I went to a birthday gathering Saturday for my dear friend who had us gals show her how to cook different recipes. One recipe was a chocolate gluten free cookie. It was so tasty but when I went home and plugged in the ingredients, it turned out that each cookie was just over 200 calories! Ugh. Well, I did a little research and found this simple recipe for flourless chocolate cookies that took me 10 minutes to make and 8 mins to bake.
They are only about 80 calories per cookie. You can add chocolate chips or walnuts – just be aware that this will mean extra calories. But if you are taking them to a party you may want to fancy them up.
Now, remember, only eat one at a time. Just because this is a low calorie treat doesn’t mean you can eat them all in one sitting. Practice your self-control.
- 2 1/4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 large Egg White
- 1/4 tsp Salt*
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Or line with parchment, and grease the parchment.
2) Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth.
3) Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets in balls about the size of ping pong balls, about 1 1/2″; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
4) Bake the cookies for 8 minutes; they should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops.
5) Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool right on the pan.
6) Yield: 16 large (3″) cookies.
Serving: 1 cookie. 82 Calories. Total Fat .5g