Pasta with Chickpeas and Charred Tomatoes
- PREP: 30 minutes
- TOTAL: 30 minutes
Recipe by the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup purchased plain hummus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 12-ounce bags cherry tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Whisk hummus into liquid.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add cherry tomatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until blackened in spots, shaking skillet occasionally, about 8 minutes. Mix in chickpeas, garlic, and smoked paprika. Crush some of tomatoes to release juices. Add pasta and enough hummus mixture to coat. Mix in olives and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.Help with portion control: Check out the Measure Up Bowl.Be Well.